General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European data protection regulation adopted by the EU Commission. It replaces the EU Data Protection Directive, also known as Directive 95/46/EC. The GDPR becomes effective on May 25, 2018 and will strengthen security of and regulate personal data in the broadest sense. The GDPR applies to both individuals and businesses and regulates the way in which personal data of citizens in the European Union should be handled.
We would like to provide you with answers to some of the questions that we hear from our customers regarding GDPR, and also to provide an update on what Virtual Incentives has done to ensure that are GDPR ready.
Virtual Incentives has many years of experience earning our users’ trust. We are certified compliant with widely-accepted security and privacy standards and regulations, such as PCI, and are Privacy Shield certified.
Trust is the foundation of our relationship with hundreds of people and businesses around the world. We value the confidence you’ve put in us and take the responsibility of protecting your information seriously.
- Virtual Incentives places the utmost importance on data protection and has a track record of staying ahead of the compliance curve.
- Our Legal, Security and Privacy teams have carefully analyzed the GDPR and have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we comply.
- Our data is housed with a GDPR compliant, offsite host, who maintain the highest level of world-recognized certifications.
What are your obligations under the GDPR? It is important to remember that you, as the business customer and the data controller, also have specific legal obligations under the GDPR.
- You should be confident that any providers (data processors) who you work with have a highly robust approach to data protection, understand the obligations of the GDPR and are well-prepared to meet them.
- Remember that no provider can offer to “solve” GDPR compliance for you.
- It is our shared responsibility, working together, to keep data secure.
Will GDPR change the way Virtual Incentives treats customer data?
Virtual Incentives will continue to treat customer data with the required level of sensitivity and confidentiality and will continue to invest in the security of its customer solutions to ensure it remains compliant with applicable legislation.