Quality Assurance Analyst
Cold Spring, NY
Do you have meticulous attention to detail? Are you inherently curious? Do you balance that zeal for quality assurance with an easygoing nature, and ability to be creative in troubleshooting?
If this describes you, we invite you to apply! Come and be a part of the team that changes the way the world is rewarded at Virtual Incentives. From Fortune 100 companies & professional sports teams, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world and support these brands globally. We are a successful software company with a start-up mentality.
Virtual Incentives was born from the idea that there is a better way for companies to deliver incentives. The belief that people matter is at the core of our culture.
VI is a fast-paced, high growth company with competitive benefits and compensation, with a human-first atmosphere.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE WITH 2-3 DAYS IN OFFICE PER WEEK AT OUR COLD SPRING NY HQ.
We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our team to assess software quality through both manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches within our testing environment.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and to all levels of stakeholders – Engineers to non-technical project management and customer service.
- Learn and adapt to the ever-changing software environments/platforms we utilize
- Test various web applications and modules with complex business logic, including file imports, exports, and data transmissions
- Review and analyze system specifications; Read and understand business requirements and technical design documentation
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Work well with a team to meet deadlines – sharing in responsibilities and providing assistance
- Create and execute thorough manual test plans that test all functionalities, including functional testing, regression tests and component tests
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Identify defects in the software in testing environment prior to deployment to a live environment
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams; help troubleshoot issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology (QA automation experience a PLUS)
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience with Cucumber/SpecFlow, Selenium (C#), and Microsoft SQL a plus
- Knowledge of XML and JSON
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
Local Candidates Preferred.
Full-time; Hybrid Environment – Regular Visits to the office each week 2-3 days in-office
Virtual Incentives provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, life Insurance, retirement plans with company contribution, and flexible hybrid working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Virtual Incentives is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT or TN status) for this employment position.